Leading Value-Based Care Solutions Company Grows by 35%, Adds 100+ Employees and 15 New Clients
CHICAGO, IL – January 14, 2014 – Valence Health, a leading provider of clinical integration, population health and value-based care solutions, announced today that the company experienced record growth in 2013, its best operating year ever. The company reported adding 15 new clients, while revenues grew 35% and bookings were 65% higher versus one year earlier.
Several factors combined to fueling Valence Health’s impressive expansion, including launching two new health plans and continued demand for the firm’s clinical integration consulting services and technology. New clients also acknowledged the power of the company’s seventeen years of operational experience and practical approach as key factors in their decisions. At the same time, long-term clients such as Cleveland Clinic, Driscoll Children’s Hospital, and Hamilton Medical Center, all experienced expansion in their value based care endeavors.“
“Every healthcare organization is in some stage of evaluation, consideration or operation of value-based care models,’ said Phil Kamp, Valence Health CEO. “They are in need of assistance both in terms of bandwidth, but also practical experience when it comes to the provider side of various forms of risk-based arrangements. Our 17 years of operations and track record of success with dozens of clients, gives us practical real-world knowledge to share.”
Valence Health software and services help provider organizations design, develop, implement and manage various forms of value-based models, including aggressive pay for performance programs, clinical integration, full capitation, and provider-sponsored health plans. Among Valence’s new clients in 2013 were:
• Phoenix Children’s Hospital in Phoenix, AZ – The region’s leading pediatric facility with a medical staff of more than 1,000 physicians in 70 pediatric specialties and six centers of excellence.
• Lourdes Health System in Camden, NJ – A regional IDN comprised of acute care hospitals and more than 50 physician practices and outpatient facilities
• Phoebe Health Partners in Albany, GA – A not-for-profit physician hospital organization (PHO) formed in 1995 comprised of community-based physicians and Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital.
• Maine Community Health Options – This Consumer Operated and Oriented Plan, has served as a model for other such organizations as they begin commercial operations.
Among the company’s existing clients experience significant growth were:
• Cleveland Clinic – Building on three years of successful partnership, the organization’s clinically integrated network now includes more than 6,000 providers.
• Driscoll Children’s Health plan – A client since 2002, Driscoll now serves more than 110,000 Medicaid patients
• Hamilton Medical Center – A client since 2004, operates the nation’s leading rural provider sponsored health plan in partnership with area physicians.
In addition to client growth, the company added more than 100 employees during 2013, including several high profile executive positions. The company also rolled out version 3.0 of Vision, its signature software platform, and helped four clients become listed on various state insurance exchanges. In recognition of its growth in 2013, Valence was also recognized by Inc Magazine as a member of its 500/5000 list and by Deloitte as a member if its Fast 500 technology firms.
About Valence Health
Valence Health (www.valencehealth.com) helps healthcare providers better manage their patient populations and accept financial responsibility for the quality of the care they provide. With unique data collection and analysis tools, Valence Health has emerged as a leader in population management, serving dozens of clients from small physician groups to Cleveland Clinic. In-depth actuarial analysis combined with operational excellence allows Valence to not only advise but also provide ongoing services to provider organizations operating under various value-based reimbursement models. From risk-based contracting to accountable care organizations (ACOs) to administering provider-sponsored health plans, Valence has been helping providers appropriately accept and manage financial responsibility while improving clinical quality since 1996. With headquarters in Chicago, and three other office locations, Valence Health helps manage the health of more than 15 million patients nationwide. Follow Valence Health on LinkedIn and Twitter.